The Impossible Task
Moving to London and renting there is hard but hopefully these tips from my experience will help:
- Choose where you want to be e.g. North, South London and then choose an ideal area there.
- Be constant, houses come and go in a days notice so make sure you’re looking every morning
- Rightmove has the most reliable sources and better landlords
- Filter searches with price, location and size of property otherwise you will be looking for days
- Ask loads of questions when viewing, good ones are: is there a history of mould in this property, what is the landlord like, when was the boiler last checked
- Go with someone else to view a property, two peoples opinion help decide if its a good place of not.
- Research the estate agents to see how helpful they are and how difficult they will be with the forms
- Photos online can be from any year, make sure you see it in person
- Renting is stressful be prepared
- It will take some time, 2 months plus is a good estimate
- Don’t take a property if its not everything you want
- Start a good relationship with the Landlord
I hope these help you to get a too expensive house to live happily for a while.
Estate Agents Are My Greatest Fear. Lucy.